M6-8: Claim Social & Monitor Your Brand
Claim Your Brand & Control Your Reputation
Check all of the social platforms to see if your brand name is available. Keep your social handles / name short and easy to remember.
If at all possible, you want to own your brand username on major networks. You will be able to not only control your reputation, but also control the search results that show up for your brand name.
Visit each network listed below and get your brand name signed up. Fill out as much information as possible for each profile with images, etc. Wherever possible, link back to your website.
Here's how you want your brand name to look for some of the big players:
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/your-brand-name
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/your-brand-name
- Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/your-brand-name
- Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/your-brand-name/
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/your-brand-name
- Yelp - http://www.yelp.com/biz/your-brand-name
- Tumblr - http://your-brand-name.tumblr.com/
Monitor Your Brand and Find New Sales Opportunities
Google Alerts is a great way to monitor your business, customers and competitors. It can provide you with new business opportunities.
As an example, with my Tat2X brand I monitored the phrase "tattoo policy". When a company created a new tattoo policy that's news worthy, I received an alert for it. Then my team reached out to that company to create a relationship with them. Typically we would sell to that company or directly to their employees.
When you setup alerts, you will be notified via email when Google finds results for the keywords you have created alerts for. Log into your Google account and go to: https://www.google.com/alerts
How to Create Your Instagram Strategy
We recommend you check out Sue B. Zimmerman - an Instagram Expert. Sue offers many free resources and several of our clients have gained a lot of knowledge by reading her blog, watching her videos, creating a strategy for their business using her free strategy guide, etc. I have met Sue at a social media convention where she was a speaker. Highly recommend!
Here are a few helpful links:
1. Blog: https://suebzimmerman.com/blog/
2. Free Resources: https://suebzimmerman.com/get-started/
3. Programs: https://suebzimmerman.com/programs/
4. YouTube Weekly Instagram & Online Business Marketing: https://www.youtube.com/user/suebzimmerman